Please join us tonight and throughout this semester in exploring and dialoguing about the persistent, state-sanctioned violence against people of color in our country. I have organized a diverse group of students from all 3 North County colleges to present a 30-minute selection of amazing and insightful one-minute plays from the collection called The Every 28 Hours Plays. These plays were commissioned nationwide in the wake of the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri and are now being performed in communities around the county. The presentations will be followed by a respectful, lively and solution-oriented dialogue.
- We are launching the project with a community event this Friday, January 25 at the Palomar Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Vista at 7PM. 1600 Buena Vista Drive. (See attached flyer.)
- We are in the process of planning an event at the Library on the San Marcos Campus for some time during Black History Month. Also planning events on all three campuses.
- We are hoping that Palomar faculty, staff and community will invite us to present for classes, meeting or special events.
- We may just pop-up on campus in various locations.
- We will continue to present and grow this project beyond Black History Month.
If you are interested in hosting, supporting and/or participating you can
- Join our Facebook Group – The Every 28 Hours Plays – San Diego
- Email me at email@example.com