Palomar Theatre is thrilled to announce our 2019-20 Season and Auditions.
We have created a season of plays to deepen our understanding of the traumas evident in our world, today, and even begin a process of healing.
- The Mental State by Josh Adel (October 4-13) is a compassionate and surprising look at the intersections of mental illness, gun violence, education and religion.
- Sila by Chantal Bilodeau (December 6-14) explores the physical and psychological effects of climate collapse on the indigenous peoples of the Arctic Circle, Climate Scientists and a family of Polar Bears.
- Mama Mia!, Book by Catherine Johnson Music and lyrics from Benny Andersson and Bjrn Ulvaeus (March 6-15) will heal your heart with love and laughter and the unstoppable music of ABBA.
- It Can’t Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, adapted by Tony Taccone & Bennett S. Cohen (May 8-17) is a diagnostic for democracy, reminding us of the fragile nature of our democracy and what can happen when a demagogue assumes the mantle of power.
We are also offer two Rapid Response Theatre Projects:
- The Every 28 Hours Plays & Dialogue. This collection of on-minute plays constitutes a national response to the ongoing, state-sanctioned violence against black people and other people of color.
- Lighting The Way. Produced internationally by Climate Change Action Theatre, companies across the world will participate in this festival of short climate change plays to coincide with the 2019 Climate Change Conference (COP25) in Santiago, Chile.